EXPERT SURGICAL TEAMS
GET BACK TO DOING WHAT YOU LOVE PAIN FREE
Our experts in General Surgery perform a wide range of advanced procedures and laparoscopic surgeries with a goal of quick recovery and the very best care. Our team of surgeons provide high quality care, low infection rates, and high patient satisfaction ratings.
We provide a personalized, caring environment for our patients with highly trained surgical team. Your surgery team consists of surgeons, anesthetists, nursing staff, and surgical technologists to provide you with exceptional care.
For appointments and surgery, check with your insurance to find out if you need a referral from a your physician.
SURGERIES OFFERED AT THE RICHLAND HOSPITAL
Colonoscopy, Colectomy & Bowel Surgery
- Bowel Surgery
- Colectomy – surgical procedure to remove all or part of the colon.
- Colonoscopy – outpatient procedure in which the inside of the large intestine (colon and rectum) is examined. Read our full page on colorectal screening and recommendations here.
- Hemorrhoid Surgery – hemorrhoid removal treament for swollen blood vessels inside or around the anus and rectum.
Contraceptive Surgeries for Men & Women
- Tubal Fulguration – Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure that creates permanent contraception, or sterilization. It is commonly referred to as having your “tubes tied.”
- Vasectomy – medical sterilization procedure for men who are sure they don’t want a future pregnancy.
Lymph Nodes & Breast Biopsies
- Lymph node surgery is performed to remove lymph nodes and see if cancer has spread to them. Surgery to remove lymph nodes may be done if an individual has breast cancer.
Throat & Stomach Surgeries
Appendectomy – generally a medical emergency resulting in appendicitis surgery or appendix removal. This occurs from blockage of the appendix and can occur from infection.
Gallbladder Surgery – removes the gallbladder and gallstones through several small cuts (incisions) in the abdomen. This procedure is typically referred to as a “cholecystectomy.”
Gastroscopy – procedure where a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope is used to look inside the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine. Commonly referred to as an “upper endoscopy”.
Hernia Repair Surgery – laparoscopic hernia repair and hernia treatment. Hernias are commonly found in the following areas:
- Groin: creates a bulge, more common with hernia in women and inguinal hernias more common in men
- Upper stomach: upper part of the stomach appearing as “bloat” and pushing outward
- Umbilical: bulge in the belly button region
- Scar: an incisional hernia can occur through a past scare, most commonly from a previous stomach surgery
For all of these types of hernia, a laparoscopic hernia surgery can help relieve discomfort and pain.
Ovarian Cyst Treatment – the removal of cysts, or fluid-filled sacs, on the surface or in the ovary. A number of women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) experience ovarian cyst symptoms.
Tonsillectomy – procedure to treat inflamed tonsils (tonsillitis), swollen tonsils, or tonsil stones.
Other Surgical Procedures
- Diagnostic Biopsies
- More Laparoscopic procedures
FIND CARE CLOSER TO HOME
The Richland Hospital & Clinics are committed to offering the highest level of care that's closer to home. Our dedicated medical teams utilize state-of-the-art technology and receive special training to provide expert care to the communities we serve.
We serve a vast area in and around Iowa, Sauk and Richland counties.