Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Janice Alexander is a Board Certified Obstetrician/Gynecologist. She believes in “whole person” care that brings you the best options for disease prevention and wellness promotion. She offers a full range of obstetrical services including: taking care of high-risk patients and a wide range of gynecological services, such as new, minimally invasive women’s health procedures.
The success of wellness is determined by investments of both the patient and the partnering physician. My goal is to provide patients with the best treatment alternatives in order to maximize their success in wellness, disease prevention, and healing.”
— Dr. Janice H. Alexander
Read Patient Stories
Services and Procedures
- Removes endometriosis, fibroids & ovarian cysts; reconstructs fallopian tubes (tubalplasties)
Delivers High Risk Pregnancies:
- Pre-term labor, cervical incompetence, pre-eclampsia, gestational hypertension & diabetes
Surgeries on High Risk Patients:
- Appendectomies, Ovarian Cystectomies
Gynecologic Urological Procedures:
- Urodynamics, TVT, TVOT, Cystocopy, Coaptite Urethral Bulking Procedure, Anterior and Posterior repairs for cystocele, rectocele, enterocele
- Interstim (Neuromodulation)
Gynecological & Cancer Prevention Surgeries:
- Myosure for removal of polyps & fibroids, Novasure endometrial ablation for control of abnormal uterine bleeding, total and partial hysterectomies,
- Removal of one or both ovaries and removal of fallopian tubes, & lymph node dissection, omentectomy for benign and malignant conditions, Colposcopy, loop electrosurgical excision procedure (test and treat abnormal cell growth in cervix), Cone Biopsy
Pelvic Floor Prolapse Surgeries to improve the lives of women dealing with incontinence issues:
- Sacral colpoexies
- Vulvar vestibulectom
- L/S BTL, Essure Permanent contraception and sterilization techniques.
Learn more about Dr. Janice Alexander in the following video that profiles three Richland Hospital providers, including Dr. Alexander.