Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support
The Richland Hospital Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Service is dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by diabetes, or at risk for diabetes, by promoting self-management and empowerment. This service is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and is covered by most health insurance companies.
Included in Your Diabetes Education and Support Service
- individual consultation with one of Richland Hospital’s Certified Diabetes Educators
- Individualized treatment and education plan
- Three group education classes
- Follow up and management as needed to meet your individual goals
You are encouraged to bring a support person, such as a family member or friend, to your sessions.
Classes are available the first Monday of each month from 5:30pm-7:30pm and the first three Thursdays of each month from 9:00am-11:00am.
Behavior Goals Covered During Classes
- Being Active
- Healthy Eating
- Taking Medication
- Monitoring Behavior
- Problem Solving
- Reducing Risks
- Healthy Coping
Free Diabetes Prevention and Support Workshops
This free education is available for anyone concerned about diabetes in the Richland area.
Diabetes Prevention and Support Program
Has diabetes affected you or someone you love? Are you interested in learning how to be healthier and reduce the risk of diabetes and other chronic diseases?
The Richland Hospital offers FREE Group Workshops on preventing and managing diabetes in the Richland County area. During the six 2-hour sessions participants learn ways to:
- Adopt healthy eating habits and medication control
- Gain control of blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels
- Exercise to maintain strength and endurance
- Communicate better with their health care team
- Access ongoing support and community resources
- Reduce overall health costs
You do not need a referral.
States one participant, “It’s fun and I learned a lot. Especially about how to eat right.”
Call The Richland Hospital Therapy Center at 608-647-6321 ext. 2402 to register for the next workshop in your area.
Additional Information about Diabetes Self-Management
Talk with your primary care provider or call Richland Hospital and ask for a Certified Diabetes Educator.
Certified Diabetes Education
608 647-6321 ext. 2480
The Richland Hospital, Inc.
333 East Second Street
Richland Center, WI 53581
For more information: diabetes.org – The American Diabetes Association