Childbirth preparation class enable you to approach this experience with confidence and dignity. Both expectant mothers and fathers are encouraged to attend to gain insight into pregnancy and how to be confident as new parents.
Knowledge and Confidence are Keys to a Great Birth Experiences.
· Real-time, hands-on practice will give you the knowledge and experience to handle different situations.
· Practice labor positions and techniques that will relax you and help you have a positive birth.
· Get your questions answered and concerns addressed by our childbirth experts who help deliver 200 babies annually at the Richland Hospital.
Expectant Mothers, Fathers and Labor Support Partners Learn:
* Signs of labor & when to come to the hospital
* Warning signs of complications
* Stages of labor and delivery
* Breathing, massage, and relaxation exercises
* Techniques for comfort including: aroma therapy, music, imagery, hydrotherapy, visualization
* Pain control options
* Breastfeeding & nutrition
* Car seat safety
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM In the Hospital’s Pippin Hall 1
It is best to attend the class within 2-3 months of your due date. Call the Birth Center at the Richland Hospital; 647-6321 to register for Childbirth Class.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes. Bring two pillows and a blanket to class.
Remaining 2013 Class Schedule