The Richland Hospital, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse for the Surgery Department.
Wage/Benefits: Based upon experience. Benefit eligible.
Days/Hours: Full-time position with an on-call obligation (approximately one day per week and every fifth weekend)
Position Summary: The Perioperative Staff Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) responsible for providing nursing assessment and initiating nursing care to patients, pediatric through geriatric, having surgical procedures. This individual provides direct patient care to surgical patients, with an emphasis on the intra-operative period and responsibility for pre-operative assessment, post-operative evaluation and recovery. The RN circulates procedures, practices with an understanding of asepsis and safety, competently cares for and processes specimens and has a basic understanding of equipment used during perioperative intervention. The Registered Nurse is responsible for communicating and collaborating with members of the direct patient care team to prioritize workload so that patient care outcomes are achieved. In addition, the RN promotes a cohesive environment and interacts effectively and professionally with all members of the patient care team.
- Current Basic Life Support certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required
Related Years of Experience Required:
- Minimum of one-year experience of Medical/Surgical nursing experience preferred
- Ability to apply the principles of asepsis
- Effective time management
- Able to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge, Microsoft Office and E-mail
- Ability to work on-site
- On-call rotation
- Ability to respond to call-in within 20 minutes
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Must be willing to learn new technical skills related to the position on an ongoing basis to maintain satisfactory competence and performance
- Safeguard and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient, employee, and organizational information
Deadline: An in-house application may be obtained on the Intranet or from the Human Resources Department.
View Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
Interested individuals may complete an Employment Application or send a resume send to:
The Richland Hospital, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Department
333 E. Second Street
Richland Center, WI 53581