Richland Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
The volunteer program is very successful at Richland Hospital. We receive many appreciative comments from patients and families. Our volunteers range in age from 13 to 88 and perform important duties that support our hospital and community. Volunteers also participate in special projects that are a lot of fun!
You Can Make The Difference
Volunteers make a difference through services that help patients, visitors, and employees within the hospital. We hope you will join us as a volunteer to share your time and talents, develop new skills, learn about the health care profession and meet new people while serving the community.
The Rewards of Volunteering Are Many
Richland Hospital Volunteers are special people who are willing to devote their time, knowledge and expertise to be of service to others. And Volunteers tell you that they benefit as much as those they serve.
Volunteering is more than an opportunity to help others. It is:
- Meeting people, developing friendships, and socializing
- Giving of time and talent
- Personal growth and satisfaction
- Job skill enhancement
- Being active and useful
- Exploring health care careers
- Flexible schedules
- Free Health Screenings & Free Flu vaccinations when available
- Discounted meals
- Enjoyment and a sense of accomplishment
Who Can Volunteer?
The Richland Hospial, Inc. has volunteers ranging in age from 13 to 88! For youth ages 13-18, read about our Volunteens program.
What Kind of Schedule do Volunteers Have?
We are happy to work with volunteers to find volunteer opportunities that work for your schedule. Some of our volunteers even help from home. Just a few hours of your time a month can make a real difference in someone’s life. Need to change your availability? It’s not a problem. Let the Volunteer Coordinator know and we will work with you to rearrange your volunteering schedule.
What Do Volunteers Do?
The hospital offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, so whether you would like to visit with people or prefer to stay behind the scenes, we have a spot for you. These are just a few of the many volunteer opportunities at the hospital:
- Information desk
- Escort and transport patients
- Deliver flowers and mail
- Runner for lab requests
- Visit with patients
- Lobby Shoppe
- Check wheel chairs on all floors
- Set up and take the Magazine Cart to patient rooms
- Recycle materials
- Help unit clerk with phone calls and clerical work
- Assemble newsletters and mailings
- Data entry
- And more!
How Can I Volunteer?
If you have questions, please give our Volunteer Coordinator a call at the number listed at the bottom of this page. If you are certain you would like to volunteer and want to get the process started, simply complete the Volunteer Application and mail it to the address listed at the bottom of this page. When we receive your application, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to follow up.
Volunteens learn how the hospital functions, meet other young people, experience team-work, gain skills in helping others and learn about careers in health care.
To become a Volunteen, you need to:
- Be between 13 & 18 years of age
- Obtain parental permission
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Complete a Health Information Form
- Have yearly TB test
- Volunteer at least four hours per month
Volunteens activities may include:
- Escort and transport patients
- Work in the Lobby Shoppe
- Distribute magazines
- Serve as a messenger between departments
- Deliver mail and flowers
- Prepare patient information materials
- Participate in special projects for the hospital
To inquire about the next orientation for Volunteens, contact Richland Hospital’s Volunteer Coordinator.
Download a Youth Volunteer Brochure.
Deanna Gochenaur, Volunteer Coordinator
608-647-6321 ext. 2413